Crispy Gyoza

Wednesday, June 24, 2020



Don't you love a CRISPY Gyoza with JUICY filling? I DO!!

I can shamelessly stuff countless of these.

Just the other day, I bought a packet of dumpling skin at Fairprice and unleashed my Gyoza fantasy!

I love that it's locally made and vacuumed packed.

The only downside, it's pretty small..that means I can't stuff alot of fillings!

Isn't that the beauty of recreating dishes at home?

You can make more, stuff more and EAT MORE!!

Let me know if there is any good dumpling skin out there.

Here is my version of Gyoza!



INGREDIENTS:

Minced Chicken & Prawns

(you can change it to just chicken or pork)

Finely Chopped Garlic & Ginger

Finely Chopped Cabbage

(Add a lil salt to the cabbage and leave aside for 15mins. Squeeze out all of the water)

Finely Chopped Spring Onion & Corriander Leaves

Tapioca Flour/Corn Flour

Oyster Sauce

Soya Sauce

Rice Wine/Shaoxing Wine/Sake

White Pepper

Sesame Oil



METHOD:

1. Mix the paste well.

2. Take 1 tsp and spoon it on the dumpling skin and nicely seal it. (My skills were bad and it looked more like epok epok!)

3. Heat pan with 1 tbsp of oil.

4. Place dumplings in a nice circular way on the pan and cook for about 1-2mins till the bases are slightly brown.

5. Splash 1/2 cup water around the dumplings and cover immediately. Cook 5-6mins.

6. Lift lid, switch off once all the water has evaporated.

7. Use a big plate and place on top of dumplings and turn it over!

8. Tada!! Super easy, right?!!

9. Don't forget to make a dipping sauce !!

Quick Tips:

Cover the dumpling skins once the packet is opened. The skin tend to dry out when exposed.

Add 1tsp of tapioca flour in the water to make the gyoza more crispy and create this beautiful crust.



No comments:

Powered by Blogger.